Microsoft System Center Management Pack (Community Technology Preview) for SQL Server vNext Replication enables the monitoring of Replication as a set of technologies for copying and distributing data and database objects from one database to another and then synchronizing between the databases to maintain consistency.
Here you can download the System Center MP for SQL Server vNext Replication including documentation.
Jeff Woolsey in action Talking about Windows Server 2016 Security and Containers
Thanks Jeff Great Sessions !
#MVPbuzz Time with Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions at the Microsoft Tech Summit 2017
Great questions and feedback on Microsoft :
Windows Server 2016
Operations Management Suite (OMS)
Microsoft Tech Summit 2017 Amsterdam Dutch MVP’s at the Booth
Microsoft Tech Summit 2016-17
Build your cloud and infrastructure skills with a two-day free technical training event
Here you can see in which cities the Microsoft Tech Summit 2017 is
Thank you Microsoft and Community for these Awesome two Cloud and Infrastructure Days in Amsterdam ! 😉
Service Map in #MSOMS automatically builds a common reference map of dependencies across your servers, processes, and third-party services. It discovers and maps all TCP dependencies, identifying surprise connections, remote third-party systems you depend on, and dependencies to traditional dark areas of your network such as Active Directory. Service Map discovers failed network connections that your managed systems are attempting to make, helping you identify potential server misconfiguration, service outages, and network issues.
OMS Service Map Overview of my Demo Environment
Machine Changes on HybridCloud01 Server
You now can see that the Previous Service State Running is changed in Stopped.
When you go more in details and look at the log Search in this event :
When this event is important to you you can make an OMS Alert on this Change :
With OMS Alert you can take actions like :
With Microsoft OMS Runbooks you can make Automation solutions for Hybrid IT Events.
Servicemap Server Properties
OMS Service Map Performance
OMS Service Map Updates
More information about using Awesome Service Map solution in Operations Management Suite (OMS) you can find here
Configuring Service Map solution in Operations Management Suite (OMS)
Service Map gets its data from the Microsoft Dependency Agent. The Dependency Agent is dependent on the OMS Agent for its connections to OMS. This means that a server must have the OMS Agent installed and configured first, and then the Dependency Agent can be installed. The following table describes the connected sources that are supported by the Service Map solution.
Operations Management Suite (OMS) SDK
I like Microsoft OMS Service Map a lot because you can see the relations between Servers, Services, Applications in a Hybrid IT environment and
get proactive alerts to take action to keep your Hybrid Datacenters Healthy 🙂
Microsoft MAP Toolkit 9.6
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) is an agentless, automated, multi-product planning and assessment tool for quicker and easier desktop, server and cloud migrations. MAP provides detailed readiness assessment reports and executive proposals with extensive hardware and software information, and actionable recommendations to help organizations accelerate their IT infrastructure planning process, and gather more detail on assets that reside within their current environment. MAP also provides server utilization data for Hyper-V server virtualization planning; identifying server placements, and performing virtualization candidate assessments. More information about MAP Toolkit can you find here
- Operating system. Any of the following:
- Windows 10 (Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)
- Windows 8.1 (Professional and Enterprise editions only)
- Windows 8 (Professional and Enterprise editions only)
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions only)
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1
- .NET Framework 4.5 (download from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389161)
- Installation of all updates for the operating system. Note: In some cases updates may not install automatically. To download updates for your computer manually, go to http://update.microsoft.com/.
- By default, the MAP Toolkit will install SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB during setup. You may also use an existing installation of SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, or SQL Server 2012 if you create an instance named “MAPS” before running the MAP Toolkit installer. The MAP Toolkit requires the collation order of the database engine to be set to “SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS”.
- Some of these prerequisites require restarting your computer. You may have to restart multiple times if all the prerequisites are not met prior to running Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit setup.
- For machines that will be used to run the Forefront Endpoint Protection Usage Tracking, Lync Usage Tracking, Exchange Server Usage Tracking, or Volume Licensing scenarios, please note: PowerShell 2.0 or higher must be installed.
- For machines that will be used to collect Oracle schema information, please note: The 64 bit Oracle client must be installed on the MAP machine to collect the schema information. If the 64 bit client is not installed, MAP will only be able to collect instance information. MAP will not collect schema information if the 32 bit Oracle client is installed.
Export results in Excel for Windows Server 2016 Assessment Example
Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Sizing Example in Excel
With MAP Toolkit Training available 😉
Learn how to use Log Analytics in the Operations Management Suite to collect and analyze data generated by resources in your cloud and on-premises environments. Tutorials and other documentation show you how to get real-time insights across your workloads and servers regardless of physical location
Proactive insights on workloads
- Assess the risk and health of major workloads such as Active Directory and SQL.
- View status of antimalware across your entire environment
- Identify missing system updates across Windows and Linux servers
- Detect potential configuration issues or deviations from identified best practices
- Create alerts, alert rules, and notification timeframes
Rich data visualization
- Analyze petabytes of data from the cloud with unlimited data retention
- Chart and compare complex statistical functions
- Use View Designer to create your own visualization of data queries
- Send datasets to Power BI for enhanced visualization capabilities
Visibility across clouds and platforms
- Connect to Linux and Windows virtual machines with one click
- Ingest data from System Center, Zabbix, and Nagios
- Collect any type of data through custom log collection
- Securely send log data through proxy server and OMS Gateway
Microsoft Tech Summit Amsterdam
Build your cloud and infrastructure skills with a two-day free technical training event March 23-24, 2017.
More information about the Microsoft Tech Summit 2017 Amsterdam and Registration you can find here
Here you find more cities for Microsoft Tech Summit 2017 Event when you are not from the Netherlands.
Hope to meet you in Amsterdam 😉 #MVPbuzz