Thank you for following me @Jamesvandenberg
Thank you Community 😉
Thank you Microsoft
Wish you all the Best !
This diagram shows the classes used or defined in the management pack
The Microsoft Azure SQL Database Management Pack enables you to monitor the availability and performance of applications that are running on Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
After configuration, the Microsoft Azure SQL Database Monitoring Management Pack offers the following functionalities:
- User-friendly wizard to discover Microsoft Azure SQL Database servers.
- Provides availability status of Microsoft Azure SQL Database server.
- Collects and monitors health of Microsoft Azure SQL Database databases.
- Space monitoring:
- Used space
- Free space
- Total allocated quota
- Track the total number of databases per server
- Successful connections count
- Failed connections count
- Number of deadlocks
- Throttling/long transactions count
- Connections blocked by firewall count
- Space monitoring:
- Collects and monitors performance information:
- Average memory per session
- Total memory per session
- Total CPU time per session
- Total I/O per session
- Number of database sessions
- Maximum Transaction execution time
- Maximum Transaction lock count
- Maximum Transaction log space used
- Network Egress/Ingress bandwidth
- Percentage of CPU used
- Percentage of workers used
- Percentage of CPU used
- Ability to define Custom thresholds for each monitor to configure the warning and critical alerts.
- Run-as profile to securely connect to Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Detailed knowledge to guide the IT operator with troubleshooting the problem.
- Custom tasks to redirect the user to the Microsoft Azure SQL Database online portal.
- Custom query support to enable application-specific availability and performance monitoring.
- Dashboard functionality
Wow a lot has happened in 2015, I don’t even know where to begin with a recap of 2015 in a Mobile and Cloud first world ! What I have learned that’s it’s all about
applications on your Mobile Phone, Tablet, or any Device to Work, Learn in any environment you want. Sharing Microsoft technology with the Community and in Education via Social media is what I love to do on a daily bases. I hope you enjoyed the information in 2015 with Microsoft Products like :
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Azure Backup Server
- Azure Security Centre
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Windows Server 2016 TP4
- Windows Containers
- Nano Server
- System Center 2016 TP4
- Bringing Azure to your Datacenter with Microsoft Azure Stack
- Microsoft Azure Dreamspark Subscription for Students
- Microsoft Loves Linux and GitHub and OpenSource
- and much more !
I wish you all a Healthy Life and a lot of Success in 2016 !
Microsoft is transforming Datacenters with New Technology and making Hybrid Cloud possible for your Applications.
What I personally like is the Microsoft Hololens this is something different, but very Cool to be in a Virtual Reality World with
awesome possibilities in 2016 and in the Future 🙂
Thank you Community, Followers, Microsoft Product Teams, MVP Award Program, MVP’s, Developers, ITpro’s, Students, for Sharing !
Best Regards, James van den Berg.
I’m very proud to receive the 5th Microsoft Global MVP Award for System Center Cloud and Datacenter Management (SCCDM) !
A Big Thank YOU community for following me via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and my Blog, is really appreciated 🙂
A Big Thank YOU Microsoft for all the support and PGI sessions, really Awesome working together as a Great Team 😉
A Big Thank YOU MVP Mates for sharing information with the community 🙂
A Big Thank YOU to my Family for supporting me all the way ! 🙂
2015 – 2016 will be a beautiful Microsoft year with Awesome new technologies in Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V, System Center, Azure, and we will Bring
Microsoft Azure Cloud Services to your Datacenter with AzureStack.
A lot of New Microsoft information and Great solutions for blogging and sharing with the Community on Social Media.
The Management pack for SQL Server provides the capabilities for Operations Manager 2007 R2 and Operations Manager 2012 to discover SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, and SQL Server 2012. It monitors SQL Server components such as database engine instances, databases, and SQL Server agents. The monitoring provided by this management pack includes performance, availability, and configuration monitoring, performance data collection, and default thresholds. You can integrate the monitoring of SQL Server components into your service-oriented monitoring scenarios. Feature Summary: The following list gives an overview of the features of the SQL Server management pack. Refer to the SQL Server management pack guide for more details. New features and fixes:
- Dashboards were replaced with the new ones
- Components of replication functionality are deprecated and disabled by default
- SPN monitor now correctly handles disjoined namespaces
- Added support for filegroups containing filestreams and partition schemes
- Memory Consumption monitor has been fixed
- Upgradeability from 188.8.131.52 version is supported
- Added CPU Usage monitor and rule for SQL Server 2005
- Added ConsecutiveSamples Condition to the Buffer Cache Hit Ratio and Page Life Expectancy monitors
- AlwaysOn discovery was reworked
- Minor fixes.
Microsoft is happy to announce the release of their newest free ebook, Microsoft System Center Data Protection for the Hybrid Cloud (ISBN 9780735695832), by Shreesh Dubey, Vijay Tandra Sistla, Shivam Garg, and Aashish Ramdas; Mitch Tulloch, Series Editor.
If you are responsible for architecting and designing the backup strategy for your organization, especially if you’re looking for ways to incorporate cloud backup into your business continuity scenarios, this book is for you. With the increasing trends in virtualization as well as the move to the pubic cloud, IT organizations are headed toward a world where data and applications run in on-premises private clouds as well as in the public cloud. This has key implications for data protection strategy, and it is important to choose the solution that provides the same level of data protection you have afforded so far while allowing you to harness the power of the public cloud.
This book covers improvements added in DPM 2012 R2 as well as the integration with Microsoft Azure Backup service
|Build Number||Knowledge Base Article ID||Release Date||Comment|
|3.1.7200.0||n/a||System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Preview|
|3.2.7510.0||n/a||System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager RTM|
|3.2.7620.0||2904712||2014-01-27||Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|3.2.7634.0||2932926||2014-04-21||Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|3.2.7672.0||2965414||2014-07-29||Update rollup 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|3.2.7768.0||2992024||2014-11-08||Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|3.2.7828.0||3011473||n/a||Update Rollup 5 Preview for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|3.2.7895.0||3023195||2015-02-10||Update Rollup 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|3.2.8002.0||3050317||2015-04-28||Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager|
|Build Number||Knowledge Base Article ID||Comment|
|3.2.9013.0||n/a||System Center Technical Preview Virtual Machine Manager. Blog info|
|3.2.9234.0||n/a||System Center Technical Preview 2 Virtual Machine Manager. Blog info|