You don’t want to miss this Live Awesome Virtual Global Event of Microsoft 😉
Working with Dapr in WSL2 Remote VSCode and Ubuntu 20.04 distro
Dapr is a portable, event-driven runtime that makes it easy for any developer to build resilient, stateless and stateful applications that run on the cloud and edge and embraces the diversity of languages and developer frameworks.
Developer language SDKs and frameworks
Dapr in Standalone version.
I’m using Windows Insider Build version 21277-RS with Docker for Windows Edge and Visual Studio Code.
Docker for Windows Edge Version Running.
Because Docker for Windows Edge support WSL2 Engine and Visual Studio Code too, brought me to an idea to build dapr into Ubuntu 20.04 WSL Distro on my Windows Insiders 21277 RS version on my Surface Book 3. There for you must activate the WSL2 integration with my default WSL distro Ubuntu-20.04.
Docker for Windows WSL 2 Integration.
In your Ubuntu-20.04 WSL2 version, you can install Dapr into your linux distro, more information you find here on dapr.io
Dapr init ( in the Ubuntu-20.04 WSL2 Linux distro )
Here you find the Dapr dev environment installation types for Dapr init, I did the standalone version. Dapr makes then the following containers :
Then we have the following running :
- Dapr Dashboard
Zipkin is a distributed tracing system. It helps gather timing data needed to troubleshoot latency problems in service architectures. Features include both the collection and lookup of this data.
Now we have Dapr running in the WSL2 Ubuntu-20.04 distro, you can use Visual Studio Code on Windows Insiders using Remote WSL and work with your favourite dapr SDK like the list above 😉
From here you can work with your dapr application.
In this guide dapr is running with Docker containers, but you can also install it on Kubernetes or K8s, AKS, Azure any where, see this overview :
Dapr with Kubenetes Containers.
Important Note : Dapr is now production ready with version 1.0 ! Developers, DevOps, AzOps, you can start with it and Build and Test your own microservices and Container apps ! Hope you are having fun with it too 😉
It’s a year full of misery with the Covid-19 virus around the world. People who lose their loved one, It’s a very sad time for all of us! Microsoft technologies are still going on strong with new features in Azure Cloud Services but also supporting the people who are working in the healthcare, data analytics, Microsoft Teams for Collaboration and much more. But what I want to say to all HealthCare people over the world : THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DO 👍
I have deep respect for you all !
Community, Microsoft Product Teams, MVP Lead, WIndows Insiders, I wish you and your family happy holidays and a Healthy 2021 with lot of Success! 🎄😍
What’s New in Azure Security Center
Security Center is in active development and receives improvements on an ongoing basis. To stay up to date with the most recent developments, this page provides you with information about new features, bug fixes, and deprecated functionality.
Updates in November include:
- 29 preview recommendations added to increase coverage of Azure Security Benchmark
- NIST SP 800 171 R2 added to Security Center’s regulatory compliance dashboard
- Recommendations list now includes filters
- Auto provisioning experience improved and expanded
- Secure score is now available in continuous export (preview)
- “System updates should be installed on your machines” recommendation now includes sub-recommendations
Microsoft Azure Defender Dashboard
Azure Security Center’s features cover the two broad pillars of cloud security:
- Cloud security posture management (CSPM) – Security Center is available for free to all Azure users. The free experience includes CSPM features such as secure score, detection of security misconfigurations in your Azure machines, asset inventory, and more. Use these CSPM features to strengthen your hybrid cloud posture and track compliance with the built-in policies.
- Cloud workload protection (CWP) – Security Center’s integrated cloud workload protection platform (CWPP), Azure Defender, brings advanced, intelligent, protection of your Azure and hybrid resources and workloads. Enabling Azure Defender brings a range of additional security features as described on this page. In addition to the built-in policies, when you’ve enabled any Azure Defender plan, you can add custom policies and initiatives. You can add regulatory standards – such as NIST and Azure CIS – as well as the Azure Security Benchmark for a truly customized view of your compliance.
Additional threat protections in Azure Security Center
Microsoft Azure Security Center Team is working hard on additional threat protections for :
- Threat protection for Azure Network Layer
- Threat protection for Azure Resource Manager ( Preview)
- Threat Protection for Azure Cosmos DB ( Preview)
- Threat Protection for Azure WAF
- Threat Protection for Azure DDoS Protection
What is Azure Sentinel?
Microsoft Azure Sentinel is a scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Azure Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise, providing a single solution for alert detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response.
Who to follow on Social Media for Azure Security Center
On twitter you have to follow Principal Program Manager at Microsoft C+AI Security Yuri Diogenes : @yuridiogenes
On YouTube you can subscribe to Azure Security Center in the Field ( #ascinthefield) YouTube
On LinkedIn JOIN the Microsoft Azure Monitor & Security for Hybrid IT Community Group
Microsoft Inspire 2020 Global Event 🚀
Innovation. Leadership. Partnership.
Now is the time. Join your global partner community for the Microsoft Inspire digital event experience. Register today and get ready to extend your partner network as we explore what’s coming in the year ahead and work together to find shared solutions for our customers. Join Microsoft Inspire 2020 Global Event on July 21-22 Now at no Cost!
You will be Inspired by Microsoft New Technologies and Innovations !
Microsoft Build 2020
Choose from 48 hours of continuous content to create your own digital event experience. Registration is free and is required to get full, interactive access to the digital event. Here you can register for Microsoft Build 2020 Virtual Event
With 30+ Community talks, learning sessions, and skill-building activities exploring Minecraft, MakeCode, Visual Studio, AI, Azure, and more, there is something here for every student and every level of experience!
Don’t miss this Awesome Event 👍😎🚀
Microsoft Virtual Training Day | NL this Wednesday March 11th. This day will be full of technical sessions based on our Microsoft Learning Paths.
Explore the tracks
We offer 7 tracks including 5 sessions per track, based on the Learning Paths of Azure Cloud Native, Azure Data, Azure Infra & Ops, Business Applications, Power Platform, Modern Workplace and Surface. On the day itself you can join sessions of different tracks. Please register your sessions here :
LEARN | CONNECT | EXPLORE
You don’t want to miss this Awesome Microsoft Ignite 2019 Event of the Year in Orlando, Florida !
If you can’t attend, don’t worry you can follow the Live Stream of MS Ignite here
Or here on Microsoft Ignite YouTube Channel
Plan your sessions for Microsoft Ignite 2019 ( More 1000+)
Use #MSIgnite on Social media
JOIN the Community on LinkedIn
JOIN Azure DevOps Community
JOIN Containers in the Cloud Community
JOIN Azure Monitor and Security Community
Building on the full range of existing Azure services, Azure Sentinel natively incorporates proven foundations, like Log Analytics, and Logic Apps. Azure Sentinel enriches your investigation and detection with AI, and provides Microsoft’s threat intelligence stream and enables you to bring your own threat intelligence.
Microsoft Azure Sentinel is a scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Azure Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise, providing a single solution for alert detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response. Read more about Azure Sentinel Preview here
Configure your own Data-Connector to Azure Sentinel Workspace
Seattle May 6-8, 2019
Watch live as technology leaders from across industries share the latest breakthroughs and trends, and explore innovative ways to create solutions. After the keynotes, select Microsoft Build sessions will stream live—dive deep into what’s new and what’s next for developer tools and tech.
Watch the livestream here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/build
- Discover and experience new ways to build, modernize, and migrate your applications. Get hands-on experiences with tools like Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) that can help you dynamically scale your application infrastructure.
- Quickly and easily build, train, and deploy your machine learning models using Azure Machine Learning, Azure Databricks, and ONNX. Uncover insights from all your content—documents, images, and media—with Azure Search and Cognitive Services.
- Join Microsoft for hands-on learning to discover how tools like Visual Studio live share can help you collaborate with your peers instantly.
- Come learn how to build an end-to-end continuous delivery pipeline that is fast and secure with Azure DevOps technologies. Spend less time maintaining your toolset and more time focusing on customer value.
- Understand how frameworks like Xamarin and .NET can help you reach customers on all platforms. Learn how to use the same languages, APIs, and data structures across all mobile development platforms.
- Learn how mixed reality helps you bring your work and data to life when you need it, and where you need it. Start building secure, collaborative mixed reality solutions today using intelligent services, best-in-class hardware, and cross-platform tools.
- Learn to connect your devices to the cloud using flexible IoT solutions that integrate with your existing infrastructure. Collect untapped data and form valuable insights that help you create better customer experiences and generate new streams of revenue.
Have a good look which sessions to follow because there are 431 sessions 👍🚀
JOIN Azure DevOps Community
JOIN Containers in the Cloud Community
JOIN Azure Monitor and Security Community https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13517115/ …