Part of a series of specialized guides on System Center, this book is specifically designed for architects and cloud fabric administrators who want to understand what de…cisions to make during the design process and the implications of those decisions, what constitutes best practice, and, ultimately, what to do to build out a virtualized network solution that meets today’s business requirements while also providing a platform for future growth and expansion. This second edition includes coverage of the Hyper-V Network Virtualization gateway, designing a solution that extends an on-premises virtualized network solution to an external (hosted) environment, details of how to troubleshoot and diagnose some of the key connectivity challenges, and a look at the Cloud Platform System (CPS) and some of the key considerations that went into designing and building the network architecture and solution for that environment.
This was really great to do on the Dutch Microsoft Techdays 2015 Ask Me Anything sessions.
Here you can find all the Ask Me Anything Video sessions of Microsoft Techdays 2015 Netherlands.
Cloud Consistency with Azure Resource Manager in anticipation of Microsoft Azure Stack, this AWESOME whitepaper of Kristian Nese and Flemming Riis is focusing on Azure Resource Manager and will prepare you on how to create templates, deploy IaaS and PaaS as well as exploring many of its management capabilities.
A Great Whitepaper Guys ! 😉
- How to deploy the Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) workload on the Microsoft Cloud Platform System (CPS).
- How to deploy the Microsoft SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Skype for Business, and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) workloads on the Microsoft Cloud Platform System (CPS)
This release introduces a new interactive installation, upgrade, and offline installation process that addresses user feedback about the original process. A new Windows Azure Pack Web Sites Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in is included in this update. This updates offers functionality that was previously available only through Windows PowerShell commands. In addition, the MMC snap-in can be used to perform clean installations on a stand-alone or preconfigured file server and to configure a secondary controller
Update Rollup 6 for Windows Azure Pack Web Sites version 2 adds the following new features to the platform:
- Web Jobs
Windows Azure Pack Web Sites enables tenants to run custom jobs (running executables or scripts) on your web app in one of three ways: on demand or continuously. For more information, see
- Site Slots
Windows Azure Pack Web Sites enables tenants to deploy a separate deployment slot. For example, a tenant could create a deploymentto a staging slot to validate changes before swapping the staging slot with the production slot. For more information, see
Windows Azure Pack Web Sites can now take advantage of the HttpPlatformHandler to host Java and other runtimes. For more information, see
Here is a summary of System Center Virtual Machine Manager New Features from the SCVMM Blog :
Platform Vision & Strategy (6 of 7): What’s New in System Center for Management
- Great for an all up view across System Center
- VMM content starts at 26:40
Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager: Technical Overview and Roadmap
- Overview of features recently available through URs and the Operations Management Suite as well as roadmap and announcements about vNext.
- Initial management of VMware 5.5 in 2012 UR6
- Bare metal ease of use improvements
- Rolling upgrade support
- Improved Diff Disk management
- Simplified logical switch creation and deployment
- Guarded host and shielded VM support
- Storage replication automation with ASR
- Improved Storage Monitoring with SCOM
- Software load balancer and network controller support
- CDN support for guests
- SOFS with Storage Spaces Direct and with SAN storage automation
- Storage QoS policy management
- User voice
- Azure view in UR6
- Capacity management with the Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Disaster Recovery using Azure Site Recovery
- Rolling upgrade
- Spaces Direct
Managing and Securing the Fabric
- Shielded VM support in VMM
- Mixed mode cluster support in VMM
- Cluster rolling upgrade orchestration through VMM
- Creating a shielded VM
- Creating a shielded VM template
- Configuring a guarded host
- Cluster rolling upgrade orchestration through VMM
Managing Storage with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager: A Deep Dive
- Hyperconverged block storage management
- Managing Scale-out File Server backed by SAN
- Deployment and management of Storage Spaces Direct
- Site to Site Disaster Recovery with Azure Site Recovery
- Site to Azure Disaster Recovery with Azure Site Recovery and NetApp NPS
Deploying Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Great overview of HNV Networking
- Why deploy network virtualization? Value proposition behind deploying network virtualization in the datacenter.
- How to prepare your infrastructure for network virtualization.
- Isolating network traffic and configuring QoS.
- Detailed explanation of the various HNV Gateway roles
- Configuration of Multi-tenancy in the Gateways and Firewall requirements
- Integrating HNV Gateways with your infrastructure
- Insider tips and tricks for making network virtualization really perform
- Step-by-step deployment of HNV Networks including NVGRE Gateways!
- Setup Logical Networks
- Setup Static IP Pools
- Create and configure Logical Switches and Port Profiles
- Logical Switch Deployment
- Deployment and configuration of Windows Server 2012 R2 NVGRE NAT Gateway.
- Hidden tips and gotchas with HNV Network Deplyoments
- HNV Diagnostics PowerShell script for validating HNV Gateway deployments and troubleshooting configuration and connectivity issues included in the presentation deck!
Jonobie Ford | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft
Thank you Jonobie for this summary of System Center Virtual Machine Manager Overview 😉