What’s New in Azure Security Center
Security Center is in active development and receives improvements on an ongoing basis. To stay up to date with the most recent developments, this page provides you with information about new features, bug fixes, and deprecated functionality.
Updates in November include:
- 29 preview recommendations added to increase coverage of Azure Security Benchmark
- NIST SP 800 171 R2 added to Security Center’s regulatory compliance dashboard
- Recommendations list now includes filters
- Auto provisioning experience improved and expanded
- Secure score is now available in continuous export (preview)
- “System updates should be installed on your machines” recommendation now includes sub-recommendations
Microsoft Azure Defender Dashboard
Azure Security Center’s features cover the two broad pillars of cloud security:
- Cloud security posture management (CSPM) – Security Center is available for free to all Azure users. The free experience includes CSPM features such as secure score, detection of security misconfigurations in your Azure machines, asset inventory, and more. Use these CSPM features to strengthen your hybrid cloud posture and track compliance with the built-in policies.
- Cloud workload protection (CWP) – Security Center’s integrated cloud workload protection platform (CWPP), Azure Defender, brings advanced, intelligent, protection of your Azure and hybrid resources and workloads. Enabling Azure Defender brings a range of additional security features as described on this page. In addition to the built-in policies, when you’ve enabled any Azure Defender plan, you can add custom policies and initiatives. You can add regulatory standards – such as NIST and Azure CIS – as well as the Azure Security Benchmark for a truly customized view of your compliance.
Additional threat protections in Azure Security Center
Microsoft Azure Security Center Team is working hard on additional threat protections for :
- Threat protection for Azure Network Layer
- Threat protection for Azure Resource Manager ( Preview)
- Threat Protection for Azure Cosmos DB ( Preview)
- Threat Protection for Azure WAF
- Threat Protection for Azure DDoS Protection
What is Azure Sentinel?
Microsoft Azure Sentinel is a scalable, cloud-native, security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration automated response (SOAR) solution. Azure Sentinel delivers intelligent security analytics and threat intelligence across the enterprise, providing a single solution for alert detection, threat visibility, proactive hunting, and threat response.
Who to follow on Social Media for Azure Security Center
On twitter you have to follow Principal Program Manager at Microsoft C+AI Security Yuri Diogenes : @yuridiogenes
On YouTube you can subscribe to Azure Security Center in the Field ( #ascinthefield) YouTube
On LinkedIn JOIN the Microsoft Azure Monitor & Security for Hybrid IT Community Group