Upload, download, and manage Azure blobs, files, queues, and tables, as well as Azure Cosmos DB and Azure Data Lake Storage entities. Easily access virtual machine disks, and work with either Azure Resource Manager or classic storage accounts. Manage and configure cross-origin resource sharing rules.
Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer
The Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer App is standalone and available for Windows, Linux and MacOS operating systems.
Here you find the Prerequisites and the Download files for Azure Storage Explorer.
Here you see how easy it is to create a snapshot before you begin with a Installation on the Azure Virtual Machine.
Create a Snapshot
Give the Snapshot a Name and select the Resource Group.
Snapshot Created Successfully 😉
When you open the Azure Portal and search for snapshots :
Phantom OS Disk with a Full Snapshot.
Azure Storage Explorer Emulator for Developers
Azurite open source Azure Storage API compatible server (emulator)
Azurite is an open source Azure Storage API compatible server (emulator). Based on Node.js, Azurite provides cross platform experiences for customers wanting to try Azure Storage easily in a local environment. Azurite simulates most of the commands supported by Azure Storage with minimal dependencies.
Compared to V2, Azurite V3 implements a new architecture leveraging code generated by a TypeScript Server Code Generator we created. The generator uses the same swagger (modified) used by the new Azure Storage SDKs. This reduces manual effort and facilitates better code alignment with storage APIs.
3.0.0-preview is the first release version using Azurite’s new architecture.
Features & Key Changes in Azurite V3
- Blob storage features align with Azure Storage API version 2020-04-08 (Refer to support matrix section below)
- SharedKey/Account SAS/Service SAS/Public Access Authentications
- Get/Set Blob Service Properties
- Create/List/Delete Containers
- Create/Read/List/Update/Delete Block Blobs
- Create/Read/List/Update/Delete Page Blobs
- Queue storage features align with Azure Storage API version 2020-04-08 (Refer to support matrix section below)
- SharedKey/Account SAS/Service SAS
- Get/Set Queue Service Properties
- Preflight Request
- Create/List/Delete Queues
- Put/Get/Peek/Updata/Deleta/Clear Messages
- Features NEW on V3
- Built with TypeScript and ECMA native promise and async features
- New architecture based on TypeScript server generator. Leverage auto generated protocol layer, models, serializer, deserializer and handler interfaces from REST API swagger
- Flexible structure and architecture, supports customizing handler layer implementation, persistency layer implementation, HTTP pipeline middleware injection
- Detailed debugging log support, easy bug locating and reporting
- Works with storage .Net SDK basic and advanced sample
- SharedKey, AccountSAS, ServiceSAS, OAuth, Public Access authentication support
- Keep updating with latest Azure Storage API version features (Refer to support matrix)
Introducing the ADF Azure Storage Explorer Extension
Azure Data Factory extension for Storage Explorer
Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer tool can make your life easier to do your Azure Storage Management. Copy – Paste data is a Great and handy feature for Administrators.
Hope this is useful and go try it yourself.