Azure Migrate VDI to Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
Microsoft Azure Migrate services makes the transition to Azure Cloud services for customers easier to make the right decisions after you did an assessment.
Assessment and migration feature available in Azure Migrate Portal:
- Servers: Assess on-premises servers and migrate them to Azure virtual machines.
- Databases: Assess on-premises databases and migrate them to Azure SQL Database or to an Azure SQL Database managed instance.
- Web applications: Assess on-premises web applications and migrate them to Azure App Service by using the Azure App Service Migration Assistant.
- Virtual desktops: Assess your on-premises virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and migrate it to Windows Virtual Desktop in Azure.
- Data: Migrate large amounts of data to Azure quickly and cost-effectively using Azure Data Box products.
Lakeside SysTrack assessment tool for VDI
One of the feature is the Assessment and Migration of VDI ( Microsoft RDS, VMware, Citrix ) to Azure Windows Virtual Desktop Cloud infrastructure.
Lakeside Software’s Windows Virtual Desktop Assessment with SysTrack is a cloud hosted data analytics solution that enables IT to capture detailed metrics and data about end user environments. This on-demand tool provides IT with a self service platform to assess and quantify user, application and infrastructure requirements in order to successfully transform a desktop environment. Leveraging this tool, IT can accelerate time to value and ensure that their environments are right-sized to best meet end user requirements.
In the Following Microsoft Mechanics video you see How to migrate Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) to Azure and Windows Virtual Desktop :
Hope this will help you with your transition to the Microsoft Azure Cloud 👍😎🚀