Azure Stack Architecture
Today Microsoft released Azure Stack Technical Preview 3 for customers to do Proof of Concept (POC) with Azure Cloud Platform Services in your own Datacenter.
What’s new in Azure Stack TP3 ?
Content, services, and tools
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) support provides identity options for scenarios where network connectivity is limited or intermittent.
- You can use Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets to provide managed scale out of workloads.
- Use Azure D-Series VM sizes for increased performance and consistency.
- Deploy and create templates with Temp Disks that are consistent with Azure.
- Marketplace Syndication allows you to use content from the Azure Marketplace and make available in Azure Stack.
Infrastructure and operations
- Isolated administrative and user portals and APIs provide enhanced security.
- Use enhanced infrastructure management functionality, such as improved alerting.
- Using the Windows Azure Pack connector, you can view and manage IaaS virtual machines that are hosted on a Cloud Platform System (CPS) stamp. For this preview release, you can try this only with a CPS environment and additional configuration is required.
More Technical documentation of Azure Stack TP3 and Deployment :