This release includes new features and functionality in Windows Management Framework 5.0, including the following:
- Windows PowerShell 5.0
- Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- Network Switch Cmdlets
- Package Management
- Software Inventory Logging
WMF 5.0 Production Preview differs from older previews of WMF 5.0 in the following ways:
- It is fully supported until three months after WMF 5.0 RTM. By fully supported, we mean we will investigate production-blocking issues, and provide workarounds or updates as necessary.
- All features in the Production Preview are production-ready. No experimental features are in this package.
- You must uninstall all previous releases of WMF 5.0 previews before installing the WMF 5.0 Production Preview.
Your feedback about Windows Management Framework 5.0 Production Preview is valuable to us; we invite you to provide feedback at all times. For important information about changes in behavior from Windows PowerShell 4.0, and a list of known issues with this release, be sure to read the release notes that are available for download with this package. You can log bugs and suggestions by using the Microsoft Connect website.
Windows Management Framework 5.0 makes updated management functionality available for installation on Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Please read also the awesome Windows Management Framework 5.0 Production Preview Release Notes !