The Upgrade Assessment Tool provides the following functionality:
- Retrieves device driver compatibility information for installed peripheral devices and creates reports that you can use to determine which device drivers need to be upgraded to support the Windows operating system.
- Allows you to see which computers meet the recommended system requirements for Windows operating systems and to customize these requirements for your environments.
- Creates summary reports that you can use to see an enterprise wide view of operating system upgrade readiness.
- Allows you to create dynamic collections for an operating system deployment. The collection query rules can be based on system requirements, application compatibility status, and device driver status.
Supported operating systems: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2012
- Other Requirements:
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager:
- The site server must be running Configuration Manager SP1 with Cumulative Update 1.
- Configuration Manager clients can run Configuration Manager with no service pack, Configuration Manager SP1, or Configuration Manager SP1 with Cumulative Update 1.
- You must have a reporting services point to view the compatibility information from clients.
- You must have one or more distribution points to deploy the ACT inventory collection package to clients.
- Clients must run hardware inventory.
- Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) 6.0. To download and install the toolkit, see Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows® 8. The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) is a collection of tools that you can use to customize, assess, and deploy Windows operating systems to new computers. For more information about the Application Compatibility Toolkit, see Application Compatibility Toolkit Technical Reference.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4. To download and install the .NET Framework 4, use one of the following resources:
You must install the following software before you install the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Upgrade Assessment Tool.
For planning guidance and installation instructions for the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Upgrade Assessment Tool please see the Upgrade Assessment Tool Technet Documentation.
The Upgrade Assessment Tool depends on both System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 and the Application Compatibility Toolkit 6.0. The beginning of the Upgrade Assessement Tool support lifecycle will be the same as System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1. It will be supported on the System Center 2012 lifecycle.