Welcome to the Windows Server 2012 Technical Library.
This library provides the core content that IT pros need to evaluate, plan, deploy, manage, troubleshoot, and support servers running the Windows Server 2012 operating system. To find the content you need, browse the content listed below, or use our search feature. If you need help with using Windows at home, see Windows Help and How-To.
- What’s New in Windows Server 2012 The content contained in this section describes what’s new and changed in Windows Server 2012. This content focuses on changes that will potentially have the greatest impact on your use of this release.
- Technical Scenarios for Windows Server 2012 These technical scenarios provide guidance that addresses an area of interest or particularly compelling capability enabled by Windows Server 2012
- Install and Deploy Windows Server 2012 This section provides information about how to migrate to, install, and deploy Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate Roles and Features to Windows Server 2012 Migration documentation and tools ease the process of migrating server roles, features, operating system settings, and data from an existing server that is running Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 to a computer that is running Windows Server 2012.
- Secure Windows Server 2012 To help you locate resources to secure your servers running Windows Server 2012, this section includes essential assessment tools, reference documentation, and product offerings.
- Manage Privacy in Windows Server 2012 This section offers not only guidance about managing privacy-related settings in Windows Server 2012, but also links that can be useful to administrators and others concerned about privacy.
- Support Windows Server 2012 This section contains information to help IT pros find workarounds for known issues in Windows Server 2012, and troubleshoot and resolve specific Windows Server 2012 system errors and events.
- Server Roles and Technologies in Windows Server 2012 This section contains information to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot technologies in Windows Server 2012.
- Management and Tools for Windows Server 2012This section contains tool and reference information for IT pros using Windows Server 2012.
- Windows PowerShell Support for Windows Server 2012 This topic lists the Windows PowerShell modules included with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8. The Windows PowerShell modules in the list support automating the features of those operating systems and provide links to the cmdlet references for each module. These modules enable you to use Windows PowerShell to administer, maintain, configure, and develop new features for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
- Manage Multiple, Remote Servers with Server Manager The content in this section describes how to use Server Manager in Windows Server 2012 to manage both local and remote Windows-based servers from desktop computers.
- Deploy Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 8 The content in this section describes how to download and install the tools that help IT pros manage remote computers that are running Windows Server 2012.
- Deploy Windows PowerShell Web Access The content in this section describes how to configure and use Windows PowerShell Web Access, a new feature in Windows Server 2012 that allows a server that is running Web Server (IIS) to act as a Windows PowerShell gateway and provide a web-based Windows PowerShell console to users in your organization.
- Getting Started with Windows PowerShell Workflow The content in this section describes Windows PowerShell Workflow, a new feature in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 that lets IT pros and developers leverage the benefits of workflows with the automation capabilities and ease of Windows PowerShell.
- Command-Line Reference for Windows Server 2012 The content in this section describes the command-line tools that enable IT pros to create batch files or scripting tools that automate common management tasks.