The Integration Pack for System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) is an add-in for System Center 2012 – Orchestrator that enables you to automate the following activities:
- Manage the self-service virtual machine library
- Create virtual machine resources such as disks, virtual hard disks (VHDs), and network adapters, as needed
- Create virtual machines from templates, VHDs, and from other virtual machines (modifying disk and network resources if needed)
- Modify existing virtual machines
- Turn on and shut down virtual machines in batch mode
- Restart virtual machines
- Move virtual machines to a new host to manage availability and performance
- Create and restore virtual machine checkpoints
The Integration Pack for System Center Virtual Machine Manager requires the following software to be installed and configured before you deploy the integration. For more information abouthow to install and configure the Orchestrator and the System Center Virtual Machine Manager application, see the respective product documentation.
- System Center 2012 – Orchestrator
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2
- Windows Management Framework (Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0)
The activities from the Virtual Machine Manager Integration Pack connect to a Virtual Machine Manager Administration Console which in turn connects to a Virtual Machine Manager server. You can install this console on the Orchestrator runbook server or connect to the Administration console on another computer. If the Orchestrator components and the Virtual Machine Manager Administration Console are installed on the same 64-bit computer, the Virtual Machine Manager server must be in the same domain to be able to connect to it.
Downloading the Integration Pack
For information about how to obtain this integration pack, see Integration Pack for System Center Virtual Machine Manager (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=228718).